All you need to know about Aadhaar Update
#1 Update Aadhaar card online
You can update or change details like address, his/her name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email id on the Aadhar card using following steps:
- Open Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
- Go to “Update Address” else “Request for Address Validation Letter”.
- First enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number followed by text verification code in the box.
- Once you click Send OTP, an OTP is received on your UIDAI registered mobile number. Enter OTP to login to your Account.
- TOTP(Time-based One-Time password) is also available for authentication purpose.
- Select the address option and submit.
- Make sure you enter the same address as mentioned in the Proof of Address(PoA) and click on “Submit Update Request” button.
- If you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option.
- Select the declaration and click on “Proceed” button.
- Finally, you have to select the document for PoA verification, upload and then click ”Submit” button.
- Next, click on the ”Yes” button and select the BPO service provider to verify your details and Finally click on “Submit”.
- The BPO service provider forwards your application to UIDAI if the details filled matches with the PoA. AtLast, you request to update is accepted by UIDAI and an Acknowledgement receipt is given you which carries your Update Request Number(URN).
#2. Update Aadhaar Address without Document Proof
- If you do not have a valid address proof, you can update your current residential address in Aadhaar. Through “Address Validation Letter” you can update address by following these steps:
-First Applicant fills the application.
-Next verifier approves the application.
-Finally applicant submit the application.
- Filling the Application
- Select “Update your Address Online”.
- Next, choose “Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter” button.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and press Send OTP or Enter TOTP.
- Next enter the address verifier’s Aadhaar number and Submit. Acknowledgement message is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Verifier Approval
- An OTP is sent to the verifier through SMS and Link to verify request submitted by applicant on the number registered with UIDAI.
- Verifier has to login to the account using the Link.
- Next, Enter the OTP and login to the Account.
- Final Submission by the Applicant
- After verification by the verifier, an SMS is sent to the applicant on the registered mobile number with the SRN and link to submit the application.
- Enter the SRN and OTP through SMS and finally click on “Submit Update Request” to complete the application process.
#3. Update Aadhaar Card Details by Visiting nearby Enrolment Centre
- Candidate can also visit Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Follow the steps:
- a) Fill the Aadhaar Correction Form with the correct details.
- b) Submit self-attested copies of proof of validation. You can also update biometric data at enrolment centre.
- c) The candidate is charged Rs.25 for each Visit.
#4. Update Aadhaar Card Details through Post
Updating details through Post includes following steps:
- Download ”Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form” by visiting https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf.
- Fill the required details, get the attested documents to validate the updation.
- Send the Form along with documents to the postal address as mentioned:
Address 1: UIDAI
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Address 2: UIDAI
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
#5. What details can be changed Online in the Aadhaar Card?
A Person can only update their address in the Aadhaar card online. To update the following details, he has to visit Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Name of the Applicant.
- Date of Birth.
- Mobile Number.
- Email ID
#6. How to update Address in the Aadhaar Card online?
A person can change his/her address in Aadhaar card in the following ways:
- Visit UIDAI’s website
- Enter you 12-digit Aadhaar number and click send OTP.
- Enter the OTP and the security code to proceed.
- Select the address option, enter the current residential address and confirm it.
- Select the Proof of Address for validation.
- Select the BPO for authentication.
- Once request is submitted, URN will be generated.
#7. How to Update Name in the Aadhaar Card
To change your name in Aadhaar card, you have to visit Aadhaar Enrolment centre and follow the steps:
- Fill the Aadhaar Enrolment Form with correct name.
- Attach a Valid Proof of Identity(PoI).
- After form submission, the person incharge with provide you with acknowledgment slip. He will charge you Rs.25 for this process.
#8. How to Update/Change Mobile Number in the Aadhaar Card
- Visit Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Fill the Enrolment form with correct mobile number.
- No proof of Identity is required for changing mobile number.
- After registering your request the person incharge will provide you with acknowledgment slip with URN.
- He will charge with Rs.25 for this facility.
#9. How to Change DoB in the Aadhaar Card
To change your Date of Birth, you have to visit nearby Enrolment centre and follow these steps:
- Visit nearby Enrolment centre. Fill the Enrolment Form with correct Date of Birth in it.
- Attach a proof of DoB along with the form.
- The person incharge will take your Biometrics for authentication purpose.
- You will get ackowledgment slip containing URN after successful submission of your request.
- Using URN you can check your Aadhaar updation status online.
- You need to pay a Fees of Rs.25 for this process to the person incharge.
- Your DoB will be updated successfully within 90 days.
#10. Documents Required for Aadhaar Correction
Following documents are required for Aadhaar Card Correction:
For Name Correction in your Aadhaar card, you need to have any of the following Proof of Identity(PoI) documents containing your name and photo:
- PAN Card
- Voter Identification Card
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- Photo Credit Card.
- Photo card of Pensioner.
- Photo card of the Freedom Fighter.
- Photo Passbook of Kisan.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- Photo Identification cards issued by Government of India.
- Service photo ID cards that is issued by the PSU.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Photo Identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution.
- Licence of Arms.
- Photo Bank ATM card.
- Photo card of CGHS.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- Document containing proof of marriage of the applicant issued by some marriage Registrar.
- Legally approved name change certificate.
- ECHS Photo card.
- Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and photo that was originally issued by Department of Posts.
- Handicapped Medical Certificate or a Disability Identification card.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by some Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar.
Supported Proof of Address(PoI) Documents Required for Aadhaar Updation/Correction.
- Voter Identification Card.
- Statement of bank in which the applicant holds an Account.
- Passbook of bank where the applicant is an account-holder.
- Account statement or passbook of the Post Office.
- Ration Card.
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government.
- PSU issued Service photo ID card.
- Receipt of Property Tax of last 3 months.
- Credit card statement of last 3 months.
- Insurance Policy.
- Previous 3 months Electricity Bill.
- Receipt of Water Bill of past 3 months.
- Job cards of NREGS.
- Arms Licence.
- Spouse or Partner’s Passport.
- Registration certificate of Vehicle.
- For minors, parent’s passport is required.
- Photo and address card by the Department of Posts.
- Caste and Domicile certificate along with a photo that the State Government has issued.
- Last 3 months Bill of Gas Connection.
- Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address.
- Assessment order of the Income Tax.
- Address certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas.
- Address certificate along with a photo on their letterhead that is issued either by MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar.
- ECHS card.
- CGHS card.
- Kisan passbook.
- Freedom Fighter card.
- Pensioner card.
- Previous three month landline bill related telephone.
- Signed letter and a photo on the letterhead of the company issued by the registered office.
- Photo and signed letter issued by a well-known educational enterprise on their letterhead.
Supported Proof of Date of Birth Documents Required for Aadhaar Updation/Correction. Before attaching any of these documents with enrolment form make sure your document validate the changes made by you in Aadhaar card.
- Certificate of Birth.
- Passport of the applicant.
- Certificate or SSLC Book.
- Date of Birth certificate on their letterhead issued by either the Tehsildar or the Gazetted Office.
#11. Important things to keep in mind while updating Aadhaar card Details
While updating Aadhaar card, a person should keep following things in mind:
- The documents which are provided as a means of validation should be attested by the sender.
- The updated Aadhaar card will be sent at the same address as mentioned in the Aadhaar Card. Applicant should be available at the address to receive it.
- Do no use any salutations or designations while writing the name of the holder.
- Make sure all the details entered in enrolment form should be in capital letters.
- If the holder of the card no longer has registered phone number with him then the offline method of correcting the Aadhaar card should be adopted.
- Keep the URN number safe. Using it you can track Aadhaar card updation status.
- The Required details must be filled in English or any local language.
#12. Common mistakes due to which Aadhaar card updation request get rejected
Out of all the requests sent to UIDAI, few are rejected. UIDAI follows proper provision before making any changes to the Aadhaar card details. So, following are some criteria that should be fulfilled before making any changes:
- Form should be duly filled and should not be left incomplete or contain any error.
- Proper documents for validation of correction done in Aadhaar card should be attached. In case of any documents missing, your request will be rejected by UIDAI.
- All attached documents should be first self-attested.